Thursday, March 4, 2010

White Bean and Potato Soup with Crispy Garlic Rounds

White Bean and Potato Soup w. crispy garlic rounds

I found this in random folder and saw it had not been uploaded. I vaguely remember making this, but it was a long time ago. I'm pretty sure it started with onions, garlic, salt and some other seasonings. White Cannellini Beans, canned, were drained, rinsed, and added. Then some water, possibly veg. stock. Then sliced potatoes, I'm guessing gold russets. Cooked until tender and mashed/blended until at a consistency I liked. I don't have a large blender nor do I have a stick blender (though it's on my wish list) so it's not really possible for me to puree. That's okay as I tend to like most of my soups to be a bit thick and hearty.

I garnished with fresh Thyme and served with some crispy garlic rounds.

No comments: