It is great to do a slew of posts in one day and schedule them to post during busy weeks, or worse - when sickness strikes.
Well, today I've been struck.
My personal philosophy of how to cure myself while having a cold includes the following:
- Only spend a small portion of the time wallowing in sickness. Everyone needs to feel those "poor me" sick feelings once in a while, but that attitude will not help at all in the long run.
- Watch at least one new (to me) movie, preferably a good one. (Binge-watching TV on streaming service of choice is acceptable, but at least one movie.)
- If at home during the day, watch The Chew.
- Drink lots of liquids (mainly tea & water), eat berries, and drink broth. The spicier the better.
- Shower. At least once. It makes me feel human again. Same goes for brushing the teeth, and probably time to buy a new head for the toothbrush.
- Step outside at least once. Even if it is just to check the mail or bring recycling to the curb.
So far today, I have done very little on this list other than drink broth. (And I am halfway through today's The Chew.)
Thankfully, the broth I made today was pretty tasty and easy! Still have some left. I boiled 2-3 cups (half to three quarters of a liter) water, added a bit of a veggie bouillon cube and a small chunk of mild miso paste. I then cut up (with kitchen scissors) half a jalpeño as well as 4-5 dried chiles I had on hand. I want it to be as spicy as possible. In a small magic bullet, I blended ginger paste and 3-4 large garlic cloves and added it to the broth. Brought everything to a boil, then simmered for a minute or two. I added fresh lime juice at the end, and drank out of a mug.