Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Chik'n w. Peppers & Pineapple



I've been imagining this dish for over a week.

I need to get pineapple. I became fixated on getting more pineapple into my life beginning a week and a half ago. At first, juice seemed the best way to incorporate pineapple into my diet. Then canned fruit, frozen, fresh - until I landed on whole, peeled, cored, pineapple at the grocery store. Two, please.

With about three quarters of one pineapple: dice the fruit up into medium-large dice. Add small dice red onion, chopped cilantro. Pineapple salsa.

Gardein Chick'n Scallopini pair nicely with sweet bell peppers, white onions, and brown rice along with the fresh salsa. Finish with a good dose of a chimichurri sauce and some creamy, fresh avocado slices.

Everything about this dish was tasty. The flavors really compliment one another and it was cool to see the flavors in my mind take shape in reality. Mr. Coconut quickly finished his dish and enjoyed it.

I was trying for fancy plating, but it did not turn out quite as I imagined. But it tasted great.

No comments: