Monday, October 14, 2013

Pizza Tortilla Wrap with Vegan Ranch Dressing

This wrap came together because I was craving pizza, and then realized I picked up some Yves Meatless Pepperoni the other day from the co-op.



I started with an organic tortilla & spread out some strained tomato sauce that was kicked up with garlic salt, olive oil, & red pepper flakes. I sliced up 2 mini sweet bell peppers and fanned the pieces out on the tortilla. Then a bit of Daiya cheddar shreds, some pieces of torn-up peppered Tofurky deli slices, and then a few of the aforementioned Yves meatless pepperoni. Zapped it in the microwave until the cheese was melted.

I swirled on some "accidentally vegan" ranch dressing I found in the $1 area of Cub Foods for a final touch.



The ingredients of the dressing: water, vegetable oil (soybean oil), modified starch (corn or potato), salt, onion powder, garlic powder, oregano powder, pepper powder, monosodium glutamate, vinegar, xanthan gum, potassium sorbate, sodium benzoate, bht, artificial flavor, caramel color, sucralose, FD&C Yellow No. 5 color. Contains: SOY

It tastes really similar to when I mix some powdered dip mix into Vegenaise. It's pretty good, does a decent job replicating ranch for me.

No comments: