Sunday, May 8, 2011

Vegan Cinnamon Rolls!



Wow. I spent all day today making cinnamon rolls. I used a recipe from Vegan Yum Yum. Wow, it was a LOT of butter, almost too much, but that was the point. After studying a lot of different recipes on the internet, I decided that this one was a good place to start. It seemed the most like a butter-egg-dairy style recipe you might find from a bakery.

I learned a lot of lessons from this experiment that will help me with future baking, in particular with cinnamon or other rolls. I am excited to try to make a healthier version of these while still having similar taste.

In short, these were AMAZINGLY delicious. They are also AMAZINGLY high in calories, just like the ones made with animal products. They clock in at around 650 calories without any icing/frosting. Very indulgent.

No comments: