Thursday, October 6, 2011

White Bean Stew [Vegan Mofo]



Vegan Mofo Day 6!

As mentioned previously, stews/soups are some of my favorite things to make. They don't take much effort, make the house smell great (and warm up), and it's easy to make a giant amount of food for many days (or months, with freezing).

Another no-recipe post, but the ingredients are onion, garlic, salt, white beans, carrots, wild rice, barley (I think, maybe brown rice instead). This was the first time I used dry white beans, and it was pretty easy. I just soaked the beans before going to work and let them sit all day. Then when I got home I cooked them for a while before putting together the soup. Next time, I will cook the beans longer so they are a little more tender.

I made this soup a while back. Tonight's dinner was rather boring, just pasta, broccoli, parsley and red sauce. I was too lazy to photograph it. Hopefully this weekend will bring more inspiration for foods!

No comments: