Saturday, July 28, 2007

5 Minute Garlic Toast with Pesto Dip



I just made this up as a quick snack tonight. I wanted some garlic toast, but I'm all out of butter, *gasp*! However, I did have some leftover Papa John's Garlic Sauce from the last time I ordered breadsticks:



So, I slathered some of the garlic sauce on 3 pieces of bread and popped said bread in the toaster oven.

While that was toasting away, I took a few spoonfuls of the pesto sauce from last night, and mixed it with some Newman's Own Cabernet Marinara Pasta Sauce:



This is my favorite packaged pasta sauce. I always pick up a jar at Super Target because it's only $1.97 there as opposed to $3-5 everywhere else I've seen it.

Enjoy!

And a quick list of other food consumed today:
Breakfast was the one-two combo of the S*bucks Soy Latte and a Clif Bar (Chocolate Chip Peanut Crunch flavor today)

Lunch consisted of veggie sushi, as well as:


Really healthy today, hahaha. I also had a quick snack/dinner of a Boca Chik'n patty with vegenaise and ketchup. I'm trying to get rid of a lot of the more unhealthy foods in my house to concentrate on more fruits and veggies as well as losing some weight. Wheeee!

Now to figure out what I should eat next...

No comments: