Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Lunch: Soup and Salad

Here's a typical lunch at work for me:



And:



The salad comes from a "salad bar" called Greens to Go, which is a counter service style place where they limit what you can have on the salad (3 veggies, 5 pcs protein, portioned out items). While that is unfortunate, it's still the freshest and most nutritious food I can get other than bringing food from home.

What's in the salad?
Mixed greens, romaine, broccoli, tomatoes, portobella mushrooms, cucumbers, snow peas, sunflower seeds, craisins, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper.

The Nile Spice soup is actually quite tasty for an instant soup. 110 cals total, 1.5g fat; 12 fiber, 12 protein. A little high in sodium, but that's ok with me.

I also have some carrots that aren't pictured for me to snack on for the rest of the day. I'm not sure when I'll eat next, but I have plans for what it will be.

So, I have now becomes completely obsessed with photographing every piece of food I eat. I can't promise that I'll keep up this crazy amount of posting. This blog is like a new toy to me. All food, all the time. The great thing is that my ultimate hope that this blog would motivate me to cook more is coming true. I'm really excited to make all sorts of food experiments I've been meaning to make for a long time. Somehow, the ability to post the food and share it with everyone makes it much more appealing to cook. I'm also excited to finally create and fine tune a few recipes of my own.

No comments: