Saturday, July 28, 2007
Brunch: Tofu Scramble and Real Lemonade
I decided to make a nice brunch for myself today.
What You Need:
140g extra firm tofu, crumbled by hand and seasoned (seasoning recipe below)
110g tomato, rough chop
120g green pepper, chopped (I like big chunks, but whatever your preference is)
110g sweet potato, medium dice
60g fresh spinach
75g onion, diced
5g garlic (1 clove, minced)
seasoning for tofu:
You can mix the following byb hand/with spoon in separate bowl. I just dumped it into the pan while everything was cooking.
1/8t garlic powder
salt, to taste
1/4-1/2t lemon juice
splash of soy sauce (Bragg's would be perfect, but I didn't have any.)
Meh, this seasoning wasn't bad. I'd def. add more salt or even some nutritional yeast. (I am out of that, too!)
1. Put sweet potato (diced med-small) and onion (diced) over medium heat in sautée pan; cook until sweet potato is just getting tender: 5-6mins.
2. Add crumbled tofu (crumbled by hand) and seasoning (if you didn't add seasoning to tofu before hand).
3. Add garlic and green peppers, stir/sautée for 3-5 more minutes.
4. Add tomato, cook for 1-3 more minutes.
5. Dump mixture out onto plate. Add spinach to empty pan and sautée until just wilted. You can add garlic/olive oil/lemon juice/whatever if desired.
Real Lemonade Recipe from a few days ago...Y'know. 3 whole apples, one whole lemon. Seeds, skin, stems, everything. Put through juicer and enjoy. Click on the lemonade tag top read more.
So that's it. Oh, and Here's the complete nutritional info for the tofu scramble; one recipe = 2 servings, nutritional info set up for a single serving Truthfully, I chowed it all down myself, but it could be for 2 people. Especially with the fresh juice added.