Monday, July 30, 2007

Green Stir Fry: Bok Choy, Broccoli, and Mushrooms with Noodles



I had a bunch of bok choy which needed to be processed soon, so I decided to do it today. A simple, veggie-tastic stir fry of sorts.

What You Need:



330g bok choy, cleaned and rough chop to bite size pieces
65g onion
1.5c frozen broccoli (not pictured)
1-2 cloves garlic
100g mushrooms
1-2t ginger paste or finely minced ginger root
cooked bean thread noodles

little to no oil for pan

1. slice up the onion, sauté until just browning (I like the carmelized flavor, you can cook until transluscent if desired) 3 mins
2. add mushrooms, garlic & ginger 2 more mins
3. add broccoli. I just add it frozen and cook until no longer frozen, 5 mins.
4. add chopped bok choy. I like some snap in the bok choy so I don't cook it that long, just enough to get barely tender.
5. I had precooked noodles in the fridge, so I just put some in a bowl and piled the veggies on top of it and added soy sauce/hot sauce as needed.

This could serve 2. I only used a tiny amount of noodles, about 100 calories worth or 1oz dry. I wound up eating everything myself. Here is a Nutritional profile. Note: Nutrition info is whole recipe for one person. Nutrition info DOES NOT include noodles or oil used as those items are optional and/or could vary by type of noodles you want to use or how much oil/what type of oil.

Another look, showing off the noodles:

No comments: