Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thanksgiving 2007

Wow! It's been a whole month since the last post?!?!?! Sorry for the disappointment. I honestly have not felt inspired to cook much plus I've been quite busy. Fear not! Thanksgiving photos are here!

The whole meal:



Starting with the mashed potatoes & gravy, going clock wise: cranberry sauce, roasted fingerling potatoes, celebration roast, and stuffing.

Mashed Potatoes were homemade, as was almost everything else. I mixed a lot of veggie broth and almost 2 sticks of Earth Balance, then blended it all together until creamy, adding salt and pepper as needed.

Stuffing was almost the same: lots of veg broth and Earth Balance, salt and pepper, and I also added sage and garlic salt mix for more flavor.

Gravy: veggie broth, Earth Balance, flour, browning sauce.

The "meat" was a Celebration Roast which I LOVE. I was not much of a fan of Tofurky Roast, though I want to try again now that my cooking skills have improved a lot.

Roasted Fingerlings: halved or quartered, tossed in olive oil, chopped rosemary and garlic salt and pepper, placed on cooking sheet until tender and a little brown on some sides.

Cranberry sauce: from a can. :P

Overall, quite successful, though I didn't have any veggies. Probably the most carb-tastic Thanksgiving I've ever had. I almost always fill up on the veggies, but I was just craving more carby things so that's how my plate wound up.

2 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Welcome back to blogging!! I've missed your posts!! :0)

Wow, what a delicious-looking Thanksgiving feast!! I too prefer the Celebration Roast over the Tofurky; oh and you NEED to make the cranberry sauce recipe from "Eat, Drink & Be Vegan" - it's simple, delectable, and will force you to NEVER want to buy that questionable "cranberry-like" product that comes in a can.

The Saucy Coconut said...

Thanks!

I am totally going to be more prepared next year. I had all of these big plans, but I wasn't able o do everything I wanted. Perhaps for Christmas dinner I'll try making my own cranberry sauce stuff.