Monday, January 14, 2008

Grilled Turkey and Guacamole Sandwich



This was my brilliant plan. I've been obsessed with grilled sandwiches lately. I've been buttering and grilling every sandwich. Then...I grilled a sandwich with just gracamole because we were out of chips. It was awesome. Will be making that in the future to accompany a tomato soup of some sort. Or Gazpacho!

Anyway, this is simply guacamole spread between two pieces of bread, with slices of tofurky deli meat layered in between. There are also sauteed onions added for good measure. The true genius is in the grilling: Earth balance spread on the outside, as well as a good dash of cumin and cayenne. Really tasty and crispy. Excellent!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi The Saucy Coconut,

My name is Shannon and I'm the editorial assistant at Foodbuzz.com. Following up on a recent email invitation to be a part of our newly launched Foodbuzz Featured Publisher program, I just want to reiterate that I am very impressed with the quality of your posts. I would love to send you more details about the program, so if you are interested, please email me at Shannon@foodbuzz.com.

That is a great looking sandwich.

Cheers!

Shannon Eliot
Editorial Assistant, Foodbuzz.com
shannon@foodbuzz.com