Friday, November 7, 2008

Pizza! Sausage Pizza with Follow Your Heart Mozzarella



Here's a pizza I made back in September, but never had the chance to upload the photos. Well, here they are. These are vague directions because I can't quite remember what I did over two months ago.

The crust is premade from Whole Foods. Then I spread straight tomato paste all over the crust, and tossed it in the oven to crisp up a bit. At the same time, I cooked frozen vegan meatballs in a pan on the stovetop, smashing and crumbling until they resembled ground beef. Then I seasoned the heck out of them: fennel seeds, oregano, garlic salt, and some other Italian seasonings.

Once the crust in the oven was slightly crisped, but not fully cooked, I pulled it out. I formed the meatball crumbles into tiny sausage balls and placed them on the pizza like any sausage pizza would look.

Then came the cheese -- Follow Your Heart Mozzarella. I shredded the entire block of cheese which was WAY too much. I spread it across the pizza, then popped it back in the oven. After about twenty minutes, I put the pizza under the broiler and watched it VERY carefully. After lots of bubbling and even a little browning of the cheese it was done!!!! I quickly sliced it up and ate it!

One more pic, this time of one piece:

No comments: