Monday, October 17, 2011

Mango Parsley Raspberry Smoothie [Vegan Mofo]



Smooooooth sailin' into the last 2 weeks of Vegan Month of Food!

I made this on a whim, because why not? I am running low on food supplies, and it's been interesting to see what I can come up with. The other morning I was trying to figure out what to make and fell into a black internet hole of reading about green smoothies and staring at all the delicious recipes...could I make one?

I had a ton of frozen fruits and a ton of rice milk, and my parsley needed to be used STAT. So....Voila! Mango-Raspberry-Parsley smoothie. It was...interesting. Not great, not bad. I think it could have benefited from a more creamy non-dairy milk with more fat: coconut milk, almond milk, even soy. It would also be better with some mint and/or other greens. All the same, I think I want to see what other smoothie-flavors I can make so I can use up all the frozen fruit I have.

No comments: