Saturday, October 22, 2011

Chik'n Seitan Bites [Vegan Mofo]



Vegan Month of Food marches on.

I need to pick up the pace for the last week of mofo! I've got more pics from last weekend, and I am happy to say that I was able to finally get more groceries to fill my empty fridge, haha. I hope to make some cool stuff for this last week of Vegan Month of Food!

This was Sunday's concoction: Chik'n Seitan bites. I used the same technique and similar ingredients as I did with These Chik'n style bites and with these seitan strips.

Roughly, my ingredients included: vital wheat gluten, a LOT of Montreal Steak Seasoning, Old Bay Seasoning, steak sauce, a little canola oil, and some water. I kneaded everything for several minutes, then tore off chunks and lined my toaster oven pan with foil and put the chunks down on the pan. I baked in the toaster oven for about 15-20 mins on 350F, flipped the chunks to the other side, and baked another 10 minutes or so.

They were really salty but also pretty tasty. I ate them with BBQ sauce.

No comments: