Wednesday, September 18, 2013

DDOW Raw Zucchini Noodles w. Tomato Sauce - Vegan Mofo 2013




Another week, another Delivered Dish!


You can check out other DDOW posts by clicking the tag below or here.


For today's dish, I am going to highlight the raw zucchini noodle dish. From the website:
Zucchini Linguine with Raw Tomato Sauce (V, Paleo, GF, soy-free, no added sugar) Carb-free pasta! Fresh sage and oregano flavor the simple sauce. Super low-cal.




I must say, other than this time last summer, I don't know if I ever really had zucchini noodles before. And that last time didn't count too much as I had the noodles with spaghetti. This dish was light, refreshing, and flavorful. Even though the yellos is what you can really see, which I assume is yellow squash, the green zucchini is definitely in the dish throughout. It came packaged with plum tomatoes throughout, as well as some basil and other herbs. This may inspire me to make zucchini noodles on my own!

No comments: