Monday, October 1, 2012

Zucchini Noodles with Spaghetti [Vegan Mofo]



Happy Vegan Month of Food!

It's the first day of Vegan Mofo VI, and my second year participating. (But it's my first year signed up on the official blog roll!)

Even though at the end of October last year I was pumped and wanted to come up with a theme, I do not really have a plan for this year. I will be focusing a LOT on all the photos I've been taking of dishes using ingredients from my CSA from Featherstone Farm. That means a lot of fresh produce will be featured, like the dish pictured above (and below).

I sliced up a few zucchini with my mandoline v-slicer so they were shredded into long thin noodles. I tossed the zucchini noodles in a little olive oil, salt and pepper, and added to a pan of cooked spaghetti noodles that was mixed with sauteed onion and garlic. I tossed the whole thing until well-mixed. This is a great way to "hide" vegetables - the pasta noodles and zucchini noodles blend together really well, texture-wise. If you add red sauce, you can't taste them at all. I enjoy the taste of vegetables, so it's a non-issue for me.

Here's one more picture:

No comments: