Saturday, September 22, 2007

Gnocchi with Red Sauce and Parma!



No, I'm not just excited about this dish (although it was tasty). Parma! actually has an exclamation mark in its name. Parma! is worth getting excited over, though. It is by far my favorite vegan "parmesan". Everyone should try it.

On to the food. Gnocchi are little dumpling like things made from potatoes and flour. They are found in the pasta section of the store. I attempted to make these from scratch last year, with disastrous results. I may try them again as the holidays near. I always try to make a few items to share for all the family holiday meals I attend.

The dish that's shown has a serving of gnocchi, 1/2c of Newman's Own Cabernet MArinara, and a good shake of Parma! Raw Parmesan. VERY simple, very tasty.

No comments: