Saturday, September 22, 2007

Noodles with Beefy Gravy, Mushrooms, Onions, and Peas



I craved a gravy dish the other day so made this up as I went along.

What You Need:

1.48oz dry pasta (I used Whole Wheat spirals)
50g onion
120g mushrooms (I used sliced baby bellas)
1/2c ricemilk (or other milk)
3t Whole Wheat Flour (or all purpose white)
65g peas
1 veggie burger, crumbled

To Taste:
Bragg's Liquid Aminos
Salt
Pepper

Okay. I started by cooking the pasta normally, drained and rinsed and waiting for the gravy.

I sautéed the mushrooms and onions and added a microwaved veggie burger (I microwave to thaw) which I cut into pieces in a pan. Then I added some of the flour, as well as some rice milk, stirring constantly. I added the rest of the flour and milk, as well as some Bragg's, salt, and pepper. I dumped the peas in to mix with everything. It took some time to get just the right consistency fo the gravy.

I poured the gravy over the pasta on a plate. This was one large serving.

Overall, I need to improve the gravy. It was still a little heavy on the flour taste, but the Bragg's worked really well. Next time I may try adding butter or fat of some sort. Interesting experiment.

No comments: